A few days ago I caught wind of a hastag trending on Twitter. (If that phrase meant nothing to you, let me translate: many people were talking about a topic.) The topic of the day: Less Interesting Books.
Before you jump in thinking this blog is going to be “less interesting,” let me explain. The idea behind it was to take well-know, popular book titles and make them … well … less interesting by tweaking the title ever so slightly. At one point these were flying along my screen so fast I couldn’t read them, but I got enough to make me smile. And several that even made me laugh out loud. In honor of the brilliant men and women (who I’m afraid I can’t identify, and therefore can’t name here, but rest assured these aren’t my ideas) who came up with these, I give you my favorite #LessInterestingBooks.
1. Of Mice
2. Harry Potter and the Order of Takeout
3. The Meh Gatsby
4. Bored of the Flies
5. A Series of Not Too Shabby Events
6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Commerce
7. Love in the Time of Chicken Pox
8. To Somewhat Offend a Mockingbird
9. Minor Discomfort and Casual Resentment in Las Vegas
10. The Grapes of Math
11. There’s Waldo
12. Where the Wild Things Were
13. The Building Inspector of Oz
15. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Artist Formerly Known as Prince
16. A Drainage Ditch Runs Through It
17. The Call of the Skittish
18. The Second to the Last of the Mohicans
19. Lord of the Onion Rings
20. Farenheit 72
I hope I’m not the only one who reads these and wonders what the books by these titles would actually be about.
So thanks to whoever came up with the idea and all those that made it fly off my screen. I appreciate the chuckles! Hope you enjoyed them, too! What have we missed? What would you add?