I LOVE September. For many, many reasons. And this September is even better than usual. Here are 7 reasons this September rocks!
1. My brand new book, SEAL Under Siege, released this week. It’s now for sale all over. And there’s just nothing quite like seeing your book on a bookstore shelf. Next week, I’ll post the first chapter, just to tease you. For now, I’ll just say how grateful I am for the very kind reviews so far for this book.
2. September means the annual ACFW conference, which, for me, is always equal parts stress and excitement. It takes a lot to prepare for the conference. There are proposals to polish, one-sheets to create, and pitches to perfect. But there are also so many wonderful friends to see and favorite authors to
stalk chat with. That means you, Karen Witemeyer and Jenny B. Jones. (Seriously, these ladies are lovely and such talented writers, and I adore them.) It also means I get to catch up with some of my favorite folks from the Christian publishing industry.
3. September brings the return of fall weather. At least theoretically. Nashville is trying to prove this wrong this year.
4. Football. ‘Nuff said. Also Peyton Manning and Eli Manning. (Okay, now I’m done.)
5. Barbour Publishing is re-releasing A Log Cabin Christmas Collection, which includes my novella, A Star in the Night. This New York Times bestseller has been a favorite for the last few years, and all nine authors joined together for a fun giveaway starting next week. More details coming on that soon, but here’s a picture of all the great stuff that’s up for grabs.
6. My friend, Ruth, has a birthday this month. I adore celebrating birthdays. Even more so when it’s such a great friend.
7. September means the start of the new TV season. I’m looking forward to Castle and the final season of How I Met Your Mother, plus some new shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
What do you love about September?