Don’t make me beg here, people! I need your Christmas stories (ie, fictional tales about a snowman cookie cutter)! And since I’ve had NO eligible entries as of 10a.m. this morning, your odds are very, very good. 🙂 I’m just trying to give away a $50 gift card and other fun stuff! Imagine the gifts you could buy with that money! And maybe even for other people. If you don’t enter (with eligible stories), then I’ll be forced to give the gift card in question to my dad. I already promised him he could help me spend it if no one enters. *waves at Dad*
You may have noticed that I’ve mentioned “eligible stories” a couple times already. Yup. It seems a few folks haven’t read the rules very carefully. To be eligible, your story must meet all the requirements as stated in the rules–and mostly, it must be about the picture that I posted (that’s the snowman cookie cutter image below!). Be creative. Tell me a tale of little girls making Christmas cookies for their teacher and making an even bigger mess. Or write an epic story of a rogue cookie cutter who’s tired of looking so jolly all the time and getting picked on by the other cookie cutters. Just do it all in 1,000 words or less.
So to sum up: Please email your stories (in the body of the email–no attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11th at 11:59pm. You’ve got 5 more days and GREAT odds! 🙂
And, also … please don’t send me stories with foul language. It’s not very Christmas-y, if you ask me. 🙂
Today’s the day! Are you ready? It’s the official start of THE GREAT CHRISTMAS STORY CONTEST! All you’ve got to do is sign up for my email newsletter (just enter your email address in the box at the bottom of this post) and email me your original Christmas story of no more than 1,000 words about this picture by December 11th!
In case you forgot what’s up for grabs … GRAND PRIZE (1 winner): $50 Target giftcard, a DVD of While You Were Sleeping(one of my favorite Christmas movies!), a wooden star ornament, and a copy of the 9-novella collection that I was honored to be part of, A Log Cabin Christmas
2nd prize (1 winner): $25 Target giftcard, an autographed Christmas cd from my friend Mark Smeby (great for getting in the spirit of the season and thanks to Mark for donating a copy for this giveaway!), and a copy of A Log Cabin Christmas
Again, here are the official rules:
1. Winners of one grand prize, one 2nd price, and two third prizes (as outlined above) will be announced by December 15, 2011.
2. The grand prize winner will be selected from entrants who have registered for my email newsletter by filling out the form below and submitted an original short story (in the body of an email–no attachments, please–to email@example.com) written by the entrant and unpublished of no more than 1,000 words by 11:59pm CST on December 11, 2011. Eligible stories will be judged by me (Liz Johnson) and/or my delegates based on (a) how well the story relates to the Christmas picture posted here on 12/01/11, (b) it’s Christmas spirit, (c) originality, and (d) completely subjective enjoyability. If no eligible story entries are submitted by the deadline, the grand prize will not be awarded.
3. Winners for 2nd and 3rd prizes will be randomly selected from the total number of remaining eligible entrants, who have registered for my email. Entrants who also follow me on twitter (@lizjohnsonbooks) and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that, will receive a second entry into the random drawings for 2nd and 3rd prizes.
4. All winners are final, once posted on this blog. No prize substitutions will be made.
5. Open only to entrants with a US or APO mailing address. Void where prohibited. Not open to my family members. I will make every reasonable effort to meet the stated deadlines, but if a delay is caused by unforseeable events and/or acts of God, I will announce alternative dates for this contest on this blog. (Can you hear the legal announcer voice?)