Here we are on February 25th, and I’m 7 months into my 29th year. That means I have only 5 months left until I’m 30. Five months to check off everything on the infamous list.
At last count, I’ve signed off on 6 of them. And I’m happy to announce that I’ve accomplished a few more.
4. Go to an NFL game – Okay, so I missed my chance. I had tickets in hand and paid for to see the Titans play the Colts. But I did get to see Garth Brooks in concert at the Bridgestone arena on December 22nd. So I’ve decided that singing Garth at the top of my lungs along with 17,000 other crazy fans is a fair substitute.
16. Eat something with mushrooms – Someone suggested eating pizza with mushrooms, and they were so right! On New Year’s Eve, I ate a whole slice of pizza covered with pepperoni, sausage, peppers, and MUSHROOMS! Of course, the day before I’d been eating green bean cassarole and had picked out all of those little tiny mushrooms.
21. Catch up on the TV show Chuck – I just finished season 2 and am jumping into season 3. This is a great show! We’ll count this one, half done.
23. Read a #1 New York Times Bestseller when it’s #1 – Last week I finished Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. This little book tells the true story of a little boy who spent some time in heaven and came back after a life-threatening medical emergency. This is a book full of hope and the joy that we have to look forward to in heaven.
26. Write a Christmas short story – I just finished A Star in the Night, a novella that comes out in September in an anthology called A Log Cabin Christmas Collection. I hope you’ll enjoy it. I sure had a blast writing it!
I suppose that puts me at 10 and some of them started. I’m not quite there, but I’m getting closer! 🙂 These next five months are going to be busy!
One thought on “30 by 30 Update”
Fun a fun idea!