As many of you have heard, this author has packed up her stuff and is moving to the South. Well, I guess Nashville is about as far north as you can get and still be in the South, but it’s the closest I’ve ever lived. I’m a western kinda gal, growing up in Arizona and living in Colorado for the last almost 4 years.
Making the decision to move to Nashville wasn’t easy, but God opened every door so wide that I knew it was Him making the path so clear that I couldn’t deny it was what I needed to do. I’ve taken a gig as a marketing specialist with a Christian publisher–cool! And I’ll continue writing, and am looking forward to getting involved in a writing group.
All in all, it’s going to be some big adventure!
But leaving Colorado means leaving some really great friends, an amazing church, a city I’m familiar with, and the beauty of the Rocky Mountains. So in order to keep all wayward emotions in check, I’ve decided to focus on
The Top Ten Things About Living in Nashville
1o. Lots of history in the area, including several Civil War battlefields within driving distance–I love history, especially the Civil War, and I’m totally going to have to see a reenactment. Hmm … I smell a plot line.
9. Reasonably priced real estate. I might actually think about owning my own home. Kind of makes me feel like a grown up.
8. A fantastic writing group in the Middle Tennessee Christian Writers. Two of my favorite authors, Kaye Dacus and Tamara Leigh, are part of this group, and I can’t wait to get involved.
7. Three words: Music City USA.
6. Kaye says the weatherman on channel 5 looks like Ryan Reynolds. Works for me!
5. Awesome concerts! I love me some good Christian music, and I might just have to see about being a seat-filler at the Dove Awards or something.
4. Random celebrity sightings. I’m hoping to spot Kimberly Williams Paisley or Dave Barnes.
3. My friends back in the Springs still have 6 months* of vacation and now have a good excuse to visit Nashville and a place to stay.
2. The Bluebird Cafe, which is seriously one of the coolest places I’ve ever been to. Picture a tiny room with four songwriters (who write for a few little names like Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, and Leann Rimes) sitting in the middle of the room, playing their guitars, and singing their songs. Wicked awesome!
1. Brandon Heath. ‘Nuf said. 🙂
*exact amount of vacation time may vary, but it’s still more than I’ll have
Farewell, Colorado Springs. Hello, Nashville!
3 thoughts on “Friday Favorite – Nashville or Bust!”
Can’t wait for you to get here!
Two more words – Road Trip! I fly out in the morning. I’m still a little tired from a night with the little girls without my c-pap, but I’ll crank out the energy for you once I get to the Springs. Loving you so much and boasting in the Lord about what He is doing in your life – Daddio Pooh-Paw
So excited for you.